Monday, June 26, 2017

Take the picture






I'm not super sure how Monday got here so fast but when Michael woke me up at 5:30 this morning informing me of the time I can tell you I was angry lol I had just found a comfy spot, I was having a super weird dream, and for some reason I thought it was Sunday. SO. Here we are Monday, we meet again. This past weekend was such a chill weekend it was awesome. Saturday we had that super random storm in the morning which didn't really affect us where we live but at my hospital in Browns Mills, they had a microburst! Tore through part of the town, roads were shut down, it was terrible. Thank God everyone was okay and the road to the hospital was open. So Saturday we pick up Ashley and we all get ready to head down to Island Beach State Park in Seaside! Normally we do our beach days at LBI but something was calling me to this beach!


 So we got in our bathing "Soups" as Ashley calls them and picked up uncle matt and off we went! We packed our lunches and snacks and a whole bunch of water to eat on the beach. We had beach blankets, umbrellas, and beach chairs. We had an enormous amount of sunscreen because unlike my husband and children I do not tan I just BURN! sooo we get down to the beach, cutest area ever. It's fantastic when we only paid $10 for the car! Ashley immediately wanted to go in the water which was FREEZING. So we spent the entire day in and out of the water, building sand castles and really just enjoying life. My parents ended up coming as well which was fun we got to have everyone there. I got some great pictures that I posted on my Instagram photography page kphilly_photography


It's my business page so feel free to go look at some awesome memories we caught! We spent HOURS there and then around 3pm we started packing up. This place was great because they had showers so I threw Ashley in one of those to get all the sand off of her before I put her clothes back on. So we all got changed and went off to dinner! We ended up going to Margaritas in Toms River. My friend Kim goes there all the time with her husband John so we decided to stop there. Ashley literally slept through the entire dinner LMAO. I ended up getting a taco salad with pork and it was AWESOME. They also had some pretty amazing chips and salsa and guacamole. After dinner, it was time to go home and just recover from our day in the sun. Upon arriving home I realized just how burnt I was :( Mike, the love of my life that he is, went to CVS and got me Aloe and rubbed it on my back for some relief. I obviously didn't sleep at all last night with my pain level. Ashley eventually woke up and ate her dinner and then we all passed out! It was so awesome and thinking back on our awesome beach day it really hit me that I'm always the photographer! That's who I am, I have such a love for photography that it's an automatic thing. Trust me I got some GREAT shots but it got me thinking about how many moms do this. You're always behind the camera and eventually one day when you're gone, pictures are all your kids are going to have of you.

 You need to take more! I try to get someone else to take pictures of me and the kids now so when I'm gone our kids will have these awesome pictures albums that I've created. Your kids won't care how fat you are or if your makeup and hair were done. They'll just care that there are pictures of you all to remember you by. So put down the camera and get in the pictures! It's going to be really important one day so take the time out now to be a part of that. Your kids and family will enjoy it one day! Now it's time for me to prepare for my week, I'll be in Atlantic City Wednesday for work and next weekend is fourth of July weekend! We'll be at my in-laws for a barbecue with my family also. Can't wait to grab some great shots of the kids and family! Everyone enjoy your week and be safe!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment