Monday, June 5, 2017

Monday morning blues





oh good morning parents!

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend with your kiddos and families! I feel like now that were getting into summer we can finally get out of the winter funk and go outside! My favorite thing is outside, well not really MY favorite thing but it's the kids favorite thing LOL! Our weekend was pretty jam packed! I picked up Brianna Friday after work and we ran a few errands together and went home and waited for Mike. Then we went to the quakerbridge mall and did some shopping and then ate dinner. Saturday we picked up Ashley and headed down to AC! It was ironic because my boss was down there most of the week for the Professional Firefighters of New Jersey convention and as he was leaving we were coming! My parents were already down there with my brother, they had stayed the night. So we got down there and went on the boardwalk! We ate at the rainforest cafe which was AWESOME! Even Brianna loved it and were coming up on her teenage years! Then we walked down to the beach which the girls LOVED! they were calling for rain but it turned out to be beautiful, I wish I would have brought blankets and stuff, we could have hung out more on the beach! The girls went in the water a bit and we got some AWESOME pictures :) After that we walked down to the steel pier and my parents got a bunch of tickets for the girls to go on rides. Ashleys almost 4 so now she's at a point where she can also go on rides and Brianna was such a trooper going on the baby ones with her! I'm so so so so glad they have each other and get to see each other all the time. Me and Brianna also got to ride some rides together and I can feel our relationship getting closer all the time. It was different with her because she was 8 when I met her and even though we've always be pretty close I think now she's starting to feel like part of the family and that were solid. Were obviously consistent in our relationship and she realizes this is family and I'm not going anywhere. The older kids get the harder it is to bond but I was lucky enough to have Becky as her mom and she really pushes the relationship with me and Michael and encourages our family. We eventually got off the rides and went to eat at Johnny Rockets :) The kids were EXHAUSTED so about 5:30 we headed back home! The girls got home and everybody pretty much just went to bed LOL! Sunday morning we all got up and headed out to Rancocas Nature Center in Westampton. I printed out scavenger hunt lists age appropriate to them so when we got there I explained what we'd be doing. Brianna got an older version so she had to take pictures of everything. Ashley walked around with her list and did really well! She found most of the stuff and it kept them engaged and teaching them about nature. Mike worked for a tree company for a number of years so he explained the different trees and what their purpose in nature was. The girls loved that! We got to see fellow hikers and their puppies! We spent a few hours hiking around the woods and then headed on home for lunch! The rest of the day was definitely a lazy day for sure, just hanging around and napping. I felt so blessed to spend the time with my family just bonding and being happy. That's what life is about! Family is everything and we appreciate ALL the support we get from everyone :) Mike even got to have a prayer session with Corey when we dropped Brianna off! When people pray for you it's such an intimate thing and really shows how much you're cared for. We have such a close relationship with Corey and Becky it's awesome, we don't play the "step parent" card. Me and Corey are family, he's the dad there and I'm the mom here. There's no half sibings, just sisters :) That's how family should be! Were definitely getting closer with Tammy and I love that relationship blossoming there. Our lives together are mostly about the kids, and those girls don't have to feel anything but happy about all of their parents! Now that it's Monday and I'm already having a rough day, off to do some work! You guys have a great Monday!


Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment