Thursday, June 1, 2017

I think apologies are in order ...




Happy Thursday!


So I wanted to touch base with all of my followers and send out some apologies this morning. Yesterday I had a smallish melt down about the situation involving Leigha. All of my friends and family are all aware that during the court proceedings the substantiation of child abuse was upheld in Judge Donaldsons court sort of. The end report stated that she believed it was more likely Leigha did not harm herself regardless of the many conversations Leigha had with numerous state workers about how she DID harm herself. Regardless the substantiation was upheld. That does put me on a "child abuse" registry which you're all aware of. To be clear anyone in our circle of friends and family know all of the details this past year and a half. I've never kept this a secret, I've never acted like I wasn't substantiated by the division. Nothing has ever been a lie or a secret unless it was court ordered for me not to talk about it until the end of court. This substantiation was a joke and hasn't affected my life at all. I wasn't charged with a crime, I never went to jail, I was never even interviewed by police. I'm not a felon because I wasn't tried and convicted for a felony. I'm a normal person that was sucked into a bad situation by a bunch of bad people. It was an unfortunate event but again my life has moved on. We have Brianna and Ashley and ironically this situation pushed Ashley's mom to go to court with mike to establish custody and a visitation schedule that we'd already been on so the division or any other person couldn't get involved like they had tried to. She wanted to make sure along with Briannas mom that me and Michael still saw our children as planned. We sat down with Tammy at one point and also Becky to discuss the situation at hand and they both did not believe for a second that I'd harmed Leigha. I still worked the childrens nursery at church because again nobody believed this situation occurred. They knew the bond I had with Leigha and knew this was a terrible situation that was flipped around. Regardless this outcome has started to get into my head and make me someone I'm not. Yesterday I'd flipped out about a situation and I shouldn't have, mainly because it was resolved. Living everyday knowing someone can lie consistently every single day really got under my skin. But this shouldn't have been posted online for my followers to read because it isn't a public issue. I also stated a few things about another person and their court issues regarding a rape, as much as that may be true it isn't right to put it online. In the past if anyone has approached me about this subject I directed them to the court records online and they could read for themselves. I don't want to be bitter, in all honestly I continue to pray for Leighas family and for myself that one day this will work out one way or another. Whether that means we get along or we don't. I'd much rather get along with everyone and destroy the drama that consumes people everyday. I'd much rather have working relationships because that doesn't damage the child. As for mentioning Leighas name, the constitution gives me that right. She was in the sole custody of michael for four years and I was with her for two. I'm allowed to talk about memories with her and discuss fun summer activities we did with her. The point I'm trying to make is I apologize for having that melt down in a public forum and it shouldn't have happened. I apologize to Leighas family for calling them out in a public forum instead of being an adult and doing it in person. It was immature and uncalled for and If i had a problem I should have followed my own advice and either kept it to myself or asked Leighas mom to speak to me directly. I'm 28 years old and I have to continue to grow spiritually every single day. Life throws some crazy curves at you but being a grown up means you have to know when to apologize. So I'm sorry to my followers and I'm sorry to Leighas family for making that public statement. It shouldn't have been posted for the public and I take responsibility for that. I hope one day I can watch other people grow in their lives also and see the world can be a better place if you just suck it up and grow up. That's it for today guys, enjoy your thursday and I'll be sure to post some of our pictures from our family photo shoot soon!


Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment