Friday, August 12, 2016

Who's your daddy?



Good Morning!

So sorry for the lack of updates lately life has been INSANE. Most of you know what's happening and I don't want to give out too much information on this public forum (mainly because i'm pretty sure i'm living in a lifetime movie). Anyway, so my recent life as a step mom has included my youngest step daughter have a gnarly cold in the middle of summer (probably due to the enormous amount of cigarette smoke she's exposed to) and my middle step daughter being raised in an environment teaching her to be entitled. As always Brianna is fantastic and coming up on her eleventh birthday :) so excited for her, never any worries regarding her thank GOD. Were so blessed to have a good relationship with her mom and step dad enough to where we can all work together and Brianna isn't put in a position to feel uncomfortable loving any of us. Were always sending up prayers that relationship continues to flourish. Ashleys always her adorable self but our biggest problem seems to be the lies were being fed and lack of communication. Lately we've been dealing with ashley calling someone else "DADDY" which is a huge issue. We've dealt with a huge wave of issues most of her life, mostly health related and parenting related. Such as "stop giving her the pacifier she's two" or "lets try not to smoke around the baby" which has always been met with opposition. Now that she's older we've always taught her who I was and what role I play in her life. she'll consistently call me "Kristen" or "my Kristen" which is super fine with me. It helps establish who people are in her life and that doesn't diminish my love for her. Unfortunately because there's another man in her mothers life that also brought the problems of "who's daddy" which breaks my heart. My husband has been a constant person in her life, seriously. We have her every weekend! That's much more than most fathers (or even court orders will allow) AND has joint legal custody. Yet we continue this slippery slope of not knowing anything medically that's going on with her, we don't know about any pre school she's in, we don't know where she's living or who she's living with (which the court order says we should know). After the crazy past two weeks I just find it really hard to co parent with some people. Some people are very spiteful and only want the child to spite my husband, some women just don't have the energy or desire to be a mom. Were definitely fighting a battle for what's actually "in the best interest of the child".  I would love some feedback on this post you can leave in the comment section here or on my Facebook post of any women that are also co parenting right now. How do you have your child address your significant other? Do you allow them to call someone else mommy and daddy or is that a special name to you? I'm finding it really hard to sit back as the step mom and watch these childrens lives be destroyed everyday because these moms make it all about them and not the child. Any opinions or stories are always welcome! Ya'll enjoy your Friday and stay blessed and safe this weekend!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment