Tuesday, August 16, 2016

If you're kid is a brat, it's probably your fault.





 


Good afternoon friends!


The other day me and my husband were in the car and he asked me if my followers knew about my background in early childhood education. I told him no that it's not something I just bring up out of the blue. The funny thing is my husband will tell EVERYONE I went to school to be a mom! Cracks me up everytime. Some of my background includes training in early childhood education, I taught at elite pre schools and I was a private nanny for a bit. I do have a lot of experience with kids and my mom taught nursery school for a very long time. I took classes on child abuse, developmental milestones, even cooking with kids. Which is pretty ironic considering the situation we're in now. The courts apparently didn't care how much experience I had with children. So a few months back we sat down with Ashley's mom to discuss the Leigha situation. During this time Ashley had a full blown melt down about a toy she wanted to take home. After throwing herself on the floor, kicking and screaming, and throwing a few fists her moms way my husband and I both looked at each other trying to identify who this kid was! I started dating Michael when Ashley was around four months old so I've had the opportunity to raise her in our home most of her life. She was such an easy baby and she's a fairly easy toddler. We've never had melt downs, she's been in time out MAYBE three times her entire life. We even carted her around bed bath and beyond for two hours when we were registering for our wedding! She just sat happily in the stroller wandering around. Bringing a child up with rules and consequences ensures that child is learning what they need to learn. Letting them do whatever they want is ensuring you're making a crappy politician. You have to take responsibility for the fact that if your kid is a brat, there's a big chance it's your fault. Leigha was the same way (although her situation is very unique). While at our home she cleaned up her mess, enjoyed reading and work books, ate healthy with no problems and did what she was told. But when she went to her mothers house she was a disrespectful child who had a sense of entitlement. Just two very very different environments. The other problem we had with Leigha was that her mother refused to let her grow up. She wanted to keep her a baby because she voluntarily missed the first three years of her life. Giving a child a sense of entitlement is teaching them that they don't have to work for anything in their life and everything should be handed to them. Let's all remember Bernie sanders didn't make it through the primaries for a reason people. Here's my point. Children need to be raised by parents and not friends. You need to teach your child to be independent and know they can do and be whatever they want. You have to teach hem to detach from you and be on their own. Don't teach them to be brats because at the end of the day you play a huge part in how they turn out. Don't tell me that's their personality to be a jerk. They were taught to be a jerk. Now go out there and raise some tiny human beings to make this world better!

Have a blessed Tuesday guys!!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment