Monday, August 1, 2016

The New Wife Is Your Best Resource





I've almost made it through my day! As I finish up a conversation with briannas mom which is probably the easiest thing I've done my entire morning (shocker right? moms and step moms, talking, communicating, LAUGHING, how taboo). It comes to my mind someone once saying to me "the best thing for a biological mother to do is make friends with the new wife, because she will either be your best friend or worst enemy. don't burn that bridge." and to be honest that makes a lot of sense. ultimately your divorce, or separation or just lack of being together anymore has caused this child to be in two separate homes. Which honestly isn't that weird anymore, it happens a lot. What doesn't happen is families working together for the best interest of the child. Someones always jealous, someones always trying to use the child as a tool to get back at the other parent. It's absolutely insane. I tried with Leighas mom for months against my husbands wishes to incorporate Leighas mom more into her life. I invited her on Leighas school field trips, I gave her the paper to order school pictures (which she quickly asked US to pay for for her, go figure), I tried to work into weekends which ended up backfiring. I tried, I wanted everything to be kosher. We all know how that's worked out for me. Ashleys mom I always tried to text, or speak to in person about anything that was going on. I always tried to be a bridge between two people who clearly did not get along to try and make things better for Ashley. Even through the harassing phone calls, text messages and facebook messages from her family. Even through her lack of coping of him moving on and getting married. I ALWAYS tried to be the bigger person for the kids. I never wanted them to feel like they had to choose who to love, they should love whoever loves them! As I end this rant I want to remind everyone in all honesty that even though your ex has moved on there is a CHILD involved. Suck it up, put your big girl panties on and realize a whole other family loves your kid! That's awesome! Always respect the new wife and the marriage. Always remember you catch more flies with honey :)


Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment