Sunday, August 21, 2016

The fire of a wife getting protective







 


good early morning guys!


I woke up with some fire this beautiful Sunday morning. I got a text from one of the girls moms about me bashing her on Facebook. Let's just be clear, her name was never used and I blocked her so the fact that she's obsessed enough to stalk me speaks volumes. Second of all the context of the post was because my youngest step daughter is being taught to call someone else daddy. Now Mike has joint custody of this little girl has has a court order to see her EVERY weekend. Which is way more than a normal dad is granted. Not to mention every holiday every other year including her birthday. SO. As you can see he's a very involved father and loves her very much. Now with my background and training I'm very well aware about teaching children who people are in her life and the role they play. Otherwise if she's running around calling multiple people "daddy" she gets confused and it diminishes the importance of a daddy. Now there are situations where the father isn't present at all because he's a scum bag. In that situation if the mother remarried and the child calls her husband dad that's great! You've given that child a father figure in their life. That is definitely not our situation. Not only does he pay child support every week to pay for a daycare she doesn't go to, we also pay for extracurricular activities and all of her clothes and shoes. For the most part. When a child shows up in the dead of winter wrapped in a blanket because her mom doesn't have a coat for her, we HAD to buy her a coat. Here's where I'm at, mikes a dad to three beautiful girls. ONE of which who's mother hasn't completely lost her marbles. I'm a very protective wife and I didn't want things overlapping so I stayed out of it. But at what point does that stop? At what point does someone eventually step up and say "look. This is damaging this child. We need to fix it" and then when that is said and the other parent doesn't WANT to fix it because of their own selfishness, what happens then? Courts are messy, trust me I know. Nobody wants to have to take a day off of work, get dressed up and go fight it out in court. When it's so easily fixed between parents. Don't teach the child they have two daddies. And when it's brought to your attention that it's a problem, actually fix it. Don't lie about fixing it. And then don't text me and wonder why I catch an attitude with you. That's all for this early morning, let's go praise Jesus and get back on the right track! Have a blessed Sunday guys!


Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment