Friday, September 1, 2017

What the heck is organic?








Hey there! I was just online looking at some organic fruits and veggies to make my shopping list for the upcoming week and thought this would be some great information for my parents out there! I started going mostly organic a few years ago after some Netflix documentary. It was kind of disturbing how many chemicals and additives are going into our food. I recently lost 100 pounds and I really just wanted to be healthier and watch what was going into my home. This post specifically is going to go over some fun examples and products that I use in my home to protect my kiddos!


1. Method. I use this ALL THE TIME. They have all purpose cleaners. I get the pink one that smells like grapefruit! I can use that while I'm dusting, or wiping down the kitchen tables and counters. They also have an antibacterial cleaner. The one I purchased had a really strong scent sort of like bleach so in the future I'll definitely get a better smelling one. I tend to use that in the kid's bathrooms and our bathroom so there aren't gross germs just floating around places. They also have floor cleaner. I've used this when I've had wood floors and it actually does work pretty well. It leaves a nice shine on your floor without feeling like you're probably going to slide across the floor when you step on it. I've always got their foam pump soap in the bathroom. It's a little more pricey than normal soap but in reality, you can put some perspective on it. Your kids' hands go in their mouths, up their noses and God knows where else. So at least this soap isn't full of chemicals to add to the junk.

2. Babo Botanicals. I'm such a HUGE fan of this product line. I used to use Johnson's baby wash because it was tear free! Then when I did some research into WHY it was tear free it explained to me there were chemicals in the baby wash to numb their eyes so it doesn't sting. Ugh ... What?! I dont know why it never crossed my mind to question that before but then I got a brain and researched it. SO I bought one of those fancy bath caps and got new shampoo! Babo Botanicals has a baby wash that's shampoo and body wash and Ashley's used almost all of them. Right now she has the sports product that smells like cucumbers. She's also used the oatmeal bath one when she was having issues with yeast infections and cradle cap. Worked like a charm, smelled a little weird. Now that her hair is longer we use the berry one that helps detangle everything. The great thing about Babo is they have lotions to match! This one is the lavender lotion I like to use since bath time is usually right before bedtime. It helps calm her down and get her relaxed and ready for bed!

3. Seventh Generation. I've used a few of their products such as their paper towels. They work like normal paper towels and they soak up pretty much anything, like Ashley's thrown up macaroni and cheese a couple weeks ago. That was fun. I've also used their baby wipes which aren't terrible but they're expensive for the amount you get. I used a sample of diapers I had a long time ago and they didn't seem to hold much at all, even if I changed her every two hours. They felt a bit like cardboard also.

4. Mrs. Meyers. I've always been a fan of this line and even before I had the kids I would always lean towards this company. I actually have their room spray, my husband hates it. I love it. It smells like lavender and he farts like a demon and it even covers up his stench! This company also has really decent prices so I don't feel like I'm paying an arm and a leg for an organic product. I also use their hand soap when they have their holiday sales because who doesn't enjoy pumpkin everything right? I've used their detergent in the past and it's not terrible, but you do have to add a bit more to your laundry to get stains out. Lord knows I have enough kids and enough stains I need heavy duty!


Those are definitely my top four companies I would go to for my organic house products. I feel better especially when I'm cleaning my house that I'm not sanitizing things with more chemicals. It's really gross and they smell pretty terrible when you really think about it. Try out some of these products and let me know what you think!




*This post contains affilliate links that I do get compensated for. I will not back any product I don't completely agree with or support though!*

No comments:

Post a Comment