Thursday, August 3, 2017

How to Get the Best Deals on Clothes for the Whole Family




Hey it's Thursday! Were almost there! This wonderful morning I got to lay in bed just a littttttle big longer. But after that it was off to the dreaded OBGYN. Because EVERYONE loves going to see the vagina doctor right? Ugh. Then I dropped off lunch to my hardworking husband at his job and here I am. Now that were getting into the fall months (sort of) and pumpkin spice every thing is coming out I wanted to give you guys some great tips on how to get the best deals for clothes for the whole family! And here we go!


1. Shop a season ahead
This is great for the entire family, especially the kids. Briannas a little bit harder because she'll be 12 and her size fluctuates a lot more and is less predictable but we still try to do our best. Ashley is perfect! She's at that stage where you absolutely know what size she'll be in the next season. Now that summer is ending I'll be buying up those winter and fall clothes! Right now she's comfortable in a 3T but by the fall she'll be sneaking into a 4T. So at the end of last winter the hunt began for THIS winter. My fave places are the Childrens Place and Macy's. The childrens place online ALWAYS has free shipping. I have a credit card with them so I get awesome points all the time and it doesn't take much to get enough points for a $5 or $10 off coupon. Their sales are pretty incredible also and they always send you coupons. They also have an oulet in Jackson if you guys are in NJ and they have $1 flip flops ALL THE TIME. 

2. Shop Clearance
This is my number one go to no matter what store I'm at. Shopping a season ahead also gives you great deals on clearance items. Shoes are always tough for the kids but clothes are easy with clearance. The childrens place clearance is always a go to. Macy's clearance isn't too bad but my credit card through them sometimes gives me coupons and a lot of the time you can double up. I usually go to Macy's for myself and Michael because of their deals on name brand items and clothing. It's always great for Christmas Shopping also. I bought Ashley an Easter Dress in a 4T for Easter 2018. It was normally a $50 dress from Gymboree and I got it for $10 with free shipping. I also unintentionally  bought another Easter dress for her recently from the childrens place. It was a $30 dress I got for $7 and free shipping. That was given to my sister in law lol!

3. Get a credit card for the store
Most of the times the credit cards really do give you great deals. I have one for most of the stores I frequent. Between the kids and myself and Michael I really enjoy the deals they send me. Macy's is always good for 25 percent off! Just read through the promotions they have and choose your cards wisely. My fave cards are Forever21, Nordstrom and Victorias Secret. Nordstorm has an Anniversary sale every year that I shop with phenomenal prices. They also increase your credit pretty often. Forever21 and Victorias secret also increase your limit pretty often and have great incentives to stay with your card. As long as you pay it on time it'll work out really well.

4. Scope out the sales
I spend a majority of my time online looking at all the sales going on. Different stores obviously have different sales. I'll do Old Navy and Carters every once in a while for the kids. Old Navy is a go to for me, I'm a size 8 and their shorts fit the most comfortably. Their kids clothes are a little pricey but once in a while you can get a good sale, shipping is always $10 on their site though so sign up for their email list and once in a while they do free shipping no minimum. Going to the store isn't terrible but I feel like a lot of their stuff looks the same so I'm picky. I use them primarily for jeans. Carters is just expensive all the time, even their clearance. Right now they're running a BOGO free sale on their shoes but their shoes are literally $30 a piece and I'm not down for that. Just keep an eye on the sales flyers and make sure you sign up for emails on their websites to keep up.

5. Shop black Friday!
This is obviously a no brainer and I can tell you I usually come to work on Black Friday because I can't be bothered to deal with the crowds and unlike my husband I am NOT a morning person. He wakes me up every morning for work at 5:30 and I usually give him crap like a teenager :) Cyber Monday is always the monday after Black Friday and you can actually find a slew of deals. I got Ashley a kindle two years ago that normally runs $100 for $35! I got the kid proof case and a screen protector also for another $20 so that was an awesome deal for Christmas. Watch for Cyber Monday deals and a majority of the time they'll run Black Friday deals online also. 


I hope some of these suggestions help you mamas out there! It takes time to master this but it really will help in the long run to help save money on everyones clothes. I lost 100 pounds in less than a year so I had to really replace my entire wardrobe. You can always sell things you no longer want and need on the Facebook yardsale websites! Thats made me some great money to help offset the cost of smaller clothes! Let me know if you guys have any other suggestions on how to save money! and make sure you check out my pinterest page and my instagram pages linked here!


Instagram

Pinterest

1 comment: