Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Faithfulness in marriage





So we just had a legit tsunami here just now and it looked RIDICULOUS. Just a side note to start this one off LOL. I've been doing a recent bible study and it starts to hit on faithfulness in marriage. The enemy is CONSTANTLY trying to ruin you and yours. In our marriage it's God, spouse, children. That's just how it works. People always wonder why the children are last. Let me explain. First is God because without God we wouldn't be together. If were not together our family falls apart and the children have no family. We always put God first with our faith and that makes our marriage a stronger one. I'm not saying we don't get into arguments or disagreements. If you've met my husband you would know we argue! Him and my oldest are the most stubborn human beings. So within our marriage we've always been faithful to each other. Being faithful doesn't just mean physically being with someone other than your spouse. This also covers emotional and verbal encounters. I can say there's never one time where Ive picked up Michaels phone and wondered what was on it. I can pick it up, look through all of his messages, his facebook, his twitter. I can look through his contacts and I know all of them because they're synced to my phone also! He purposely keeps messages for transparency. There's never a time where I have to question his loyalty and that's such a great definition of marriage. Being faithful to your spouse includes trust and faith. The same goes for Michael, he can always go through my phone and not wonder who people are. As a matter of fact I get a message on facebook the other day from a man I used to know telling me how beautiful I am. I didn't respond but I told Michael about it who didn't have a reaction because he knows his wife is the most beautiful thing walking the earth LOL. In reality though you have to be transparent with each other. There will come a point in time where the enemy will present either another person or an issue and you need to be able to trust your gut and know what the truth is. Someone can present information or rumors to me that mike is out running around with other women and I can just smile and say "don't believe everything you hear" and teach myself patience over situations. Because I know Michael goes to work and comes home. If he does go out I'm always by my side even if I didn't want to go! Being married brings you a whole slew of problems you never even knew could exist. I spent six years with someone I barely even knew! When I finally left and moved on with life I knew the next man I was with I needed to have a completely open relationship with. The good, the bad and the ugly. Whether we wanted to have awkward conversations or not and my entire life is literally awkward. Everything. Every serious conversation we need to have is awkward and we've been married almost two years. We had to get used to each other fast but because we've established trust early on we didn't have to worry about it. We have a joint bank account and we can see everything going in and out. I have a savings account that he has access to if need be. He's the beneficiary on all of my life insurance and 401K policies and I his. Being married and being faithful to someone is so much more than sex and being physical. That may be one of the awesome parts of my marriage but without trust and faith you have nothing. Take this into mind when building strength with your spouse and realizing that the enemy will absolutely try to break your Godly marriage up and make shambles. Stay strong and keep moving forward! Have a great night you guys and I hope you enjoyed!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment