Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Still a step mom :)








Hey there!





So I'm in NJ and the weather here makes me want to scream. One day I'm in shorts, the next day I'm in a sweater and pants. What the heck? Choose what you want to do here Mother Nature. This kind of an early post but I did get some emails last night with some questions about some rumors regarding my job. A while ago someone thought they'd come to my job and "talk to the higher ups" and got me fired! LMAO! That obviously ins true because not inky did I not get fired I actually got a promotion. I feel like this type of lying behavior is pretty tyipicak and literally said just to create drama. There were so many emails I just wanted to clear that up this morning instead of emailing everyone back individually and just letting everyone know the truth about things. NOW moving on :) I'm getting acclimated to my new job which is a really good challenge, it was a good move for me and especially finding a job in an area where I really want to be. This was a good career move and somewhere I'd want to stay, marketing is my thing. I do marketing for my brothers company so this was just an obvious decision to make. I'm still torn with where to do these family pictures in June, so anyone with any suggestions let me know! Otherwise i'll just settle with Smithville park which is fine, it's pretty and the kids will like it. Me and the girls all have similar blue dresses and Mikes going to be in a nice blue button up, super cute right!? We didn't do pictures last year so were definitely due, the girls have their pictures up from 2015 when we got married. The Easter bunny came to the house for the girls and they LOVED their baskets, theirs didn't get sent home either LMAO, we keep the baskets for next year duh! They seemed to be really excited, it was nice spending the holiday with them. Me and Ashleys mom have really jumped some hurdles and we communicate all the time now, it's nice being able to have a non hostile relationship. Exchanges are so nice to not have that pit in your stomach because the other party might just start screaming and yelling for no apparent reason. most of the time the girls moms are more likely to talk to me because I know what's going on in my house lol. We discuss the kids, what's going on with them, me and Ashley's mom just discussed what to do with her hair. Little things like that make life easier, Ashley was able to give her mom a picture of her with the Easter bunny and that made her entire day. Both girls don't have to live two lives because someone else is being spiteful. That's exactly how it should be, our lives are meshed with these kids and it's not fair to the kids to make them live two lives. Where they can't talk about what goes on in the house during the week, or school, or their teeth falling out or anything. It doesn't have to be a secret! Ashley's mom literally texts us every single time she has a doctors appointment, or something medically happened. Same with Brianna, especially with her education. Everyone is in the same loop, not keeping secrets. I'm still a step mom and still figuring things out but making that extra effort with each other really helps the kids just be HAPPY. and isnt' that what it's all about? the kids? So this step mom has made it to hump day and super ready for this gorgeous weekend! Keep your emails coming about vacations and spots to take pictures! have an awesome day guys!


Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment